Project Configurator issue

Roy Chapman April 30, 2015

Trying to import a project configuration, reports

Issue Type

The sub-task issue type 'QA Execution ' is required for the import but does not exist in the current JIRA instance.
The sub-task issue type 'QA Preparation ' is required for the import but does not exist in the current JIRA instance.
Both of these sub task do exist in the current JIRA instance.  How come they are not recognised?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
José Marañón [Awnaba Software S.L.]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 1, 2015

I assume you found that error when importing project data with JIRA Project Import Tool.

By the reporting message, it seems as if the name it is looking for has a trailing whitespace, see the gap before the closing single quote and after the name of the subtask issue type: sub-task issue type 'QA Execution '. Probably the subtask types that exist do not have the trailing space.

Could you check if in the original instance the name had a trailing space?

Roy Chapman May 6, 2015

How sneaky! This was the problem, both issue types on the source system had a trailing space. I have removed and can now export/import. Would the tool be able to trim trailling spaces from these fields?

0 votes
Roy Chapman May 6, 2015

How sneaky!  This was the problem, both issue types on the source system had a trailing space.  I have removed and can now export/import.

Would the tool be able to trim trailling spaces from these fields?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events