Project Configurator - Misc Workflow Extension

Jim Booth February 26, 2014

I have JIRA Misc Workflow Extensions installed. Project Configurator works with the post functions I use with the exception of "Copy field value to linked issue". The exported XML file shows

<arg name="field">customfield_13315</arg>

rather than the name of the custom field

Regards

Jim

1 answer

0 votes
José Marañón [Awnaba Software S.L.]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2014

That is actually a bug in Project Configurator: that post-funtion is unsupported. This same problem might affect other workflow extensions added by JMWE in version 3.0 or higher. There are plans to release a new version of Project Configurator next week. That version will include a fix to support these extensions.

Meanwhile, you can use one of these workarounds:

• If the custom field already exists in the target, edit the XML file by hand and set the arg "customfield_XXXXX" to fit the id of that custom field in the target instance.
  • Load the configuration and later, edit the workflow and change the post-function to make it point to the right custom field.

Sorry for the inconvenience

José Marañón

Awnaba Software

Jim Booth February 27, 2014

Thanks for quick respond, I will keep an eye open for the update

José Marañón [Awnaba Software S.L.]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2014

Jim, the version with this fix is now available in the marketplace (v1.2.0-J6 or v1.2.0-J5, depending on whether you are using JIRA 6 or JIRA 5)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events