Problems with Scaffold on 4.2.7

Liz Hardie July 22, 2012

Hi, We recently upgraded to 4.2.7 and Scaffold 4.0.3 (apart from the rude shock that we now have to pay for the plugin

Most of our SDLC documentation is templated using scaffold, in about 70% of pages, the "Edit Contents" button does nothing... just a white screen, no form, no anything.

Edit produces the template in edit form, where the macros appear to be working properly. I have some incredibly unhappy users at the moment and am at risk of having to go thru and manually edit everyones pages. (less than optimal for me)

I have tried this on both IE8 and Firefox 10 ... to no avail.

Any ideas what might be causing the issue

1 answer

1 vote
Bill_Campbell July 25, 2012

Hi Liz -I too am in the same situation. From what I can determine, Scaffolding is now a disaster compared to how it used to work. I too licensed it at great expense only to find it doesn't work in IE9.0 (You have to double click on the field before you can edit it.)

Scaffolding was a cornerstone of our WIKI rollout - forms were important to us. Now rather than a nice form being rendered, you edit content, everything renders like you edited a completey different document. For me, its unusable - especially with IE9.0 issues and no solution in site. I can't downgrade our WIKI as we need the confluence enhancements. At this point, I have to abandone it. I HIGHLY suggest you test it furtherin 4.2 before paying for the license.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events