Problem with stash backup client - cant create a parent dir

hi team at Atlassian,

i was tryingto backup my stash data via backup client and now im stuck.
While trying to call 'java -jar stash-backup-client.jat' this is what i get

|-ERROR in ch.qos.logback.core.FileAppender[log] - Failed to create

parent directories for [C:\Atlassian\stash-backup-1.0.0-beta-11\"\log\atlassian

-sbc-2013-08-30-1432.log]

14:32:16,050 |-ERROR in ch.qos.logback.core.FileAppender[log] - openFile("\log/a

tlassian-sbc-2013-08-30-1432.log,true) call failed. java.io.FileNotFoundExceptio

n: "\log\atlassian-sbc-2013-08-30-1432.log (The filename, directory name, or vol

ume label syntax is incorrect)

I am running prompt as an administrator, I also put the backupclient.jar outside the Program Files (same with Stash home directory). I also tried creating log directory myself.

Any ideas?

take care

Szymon

1 answer

0 votes
Bryan Turner Atlassian Team Sep 01, 2013

Szymon,

What value do you have in backup-config.properties for "backup.home"? It looks like the value there has either a double quote or two single quotes, based on the error message shown. That's not a valid path character. No paths you enter on Windows should require quotes. For path separators, you should either use forward slashes (the simplest approach, even on Windows), or you must double-up your backslashes. So either:

C:\\Atlassian\\stash-backup-1.0.0-beta-11

or

C:/Atlassian/stash-backup-1.0.0-beta-11

Either of those values should be fine. If you are passing the "backup.home" value on the command line, using "-Dbackup.home=", you should just use forward slashes, like "-Dbackup.home=C:/Atlassian/stash-backup-1.0.0-beta-11" (Without the quotes; I'm only including them here to set apart the exact values to enter).

Bryan Turner
Atlassian Stash

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Oct 31, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

Marketplace Spotlight: Zephyr

Hello Atlassian Community! Each month, we run a series of Spotlights to highlight Marketplace vendors and apps that our team thinks this Community would find valuable. In last month's Spotlig...

335 views 0 1
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you