Problem with issues showing on multiple boards under a single project

DENISE M WATSON August 12, 2018

I am new to Jira.  I have a project set up with multiple boards that represent very diverse efforts.  Within each board, the columns and statuses are specific to the work-effort intended to be tracked in that particular board.  When I add an Issue in a board, that I intend to track only in that board, it not only shows in other unrelated boards - sometimes it doesn't even show on the board I was on when I added the issue.  How can I get the issue to attach to the proper board, and ONLY that board.  I never need an issue to be on more than one board.  Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 12, 2018

Boards are not containers for issues, they are a view of a selection.

To get your issues to only appear on one board and not others, you need to make the queries for those boards exclusive, so that the board only selects issues that should be on it and does not include issues that should be on other boards.

DENISE M WATSON August 13, 2018

Thanks for your reply.  I am extremely new to Jira and I'm using it to track a diverse mix of discrete work for an operational team, not IT.  I ended up using Components to attach the Issue to the desired Board.  We were looking at Trello, which would have been a lot better for what we need, but we don't have it in our company - so, I'm trying to be creative here.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events