Problem with issueFunction and Multiple boards found with the same name

The following:

issueFunction in inSprint("EAE-EHOST", "Backlog") or

issues/?jql=issueFunction in inSprint("EAE-EHOST"%2C "Backlog") in the URL.

Which is access from the RapidBoard planning view, "View in issue Navigator" link.

returns:

Multiple boards found with the name "EAE-EHOST". Please rename the duplicates.

I opened a ticket with Atlassian support and they said having two boards with the same name should not be a problem, but it appears to be with the script runner plugin.

JIRA v5.2.4

GreenHopper v6.1.4

Script runner v2.1.1

No error in catalina.out, just an error on the screen:

Multiple boards found with the name "EAE-EHOST". Please rename the duplicates.

Thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

It's a problem with the script runner plugin simply because the parameters the function takes are the board and sprint names. It could easily take the ID instead but that's very unfriendly. Or it could take more parameters that would make it unique, but that's also unwieldy. Hence I settled on board name, with an error if you have multiple boards of the same name...

Generally I think it's a bad idea to have multiple boards with the same name, so am not too concerned about this restriction.

Found this which states that board names need to be unique. Did not see that previously. Sorry about that.

https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Scripted+JQL+Functions#ScriptedJQLFunctions-inSprint%28boardname,sprintname%29

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 29, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

How to set up an incident workflow from the VP of Engineering at Sentry

Hey Atlassian community, I help lead engineering at Sentry, an open-source error-tracking and monitoring tool that integrates with Jira. We started using Jira Software Cloud internally last year, a...

1,367 views 0 8
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you