I followed your guide to sent emails to non-jira users, who report to an email address issues.
The email is sent, however it is always the standard JEMH email and not my customised one.
pic1: set right template
pic2: the event email is customized
pic3: however the email is not. and the first sentence of the email says that the default template was used but as you can see in pic1, there is a customized email
Thanks for the help!
Issue Created Notifications
The template above seems fine, however, there is more than one way to trigger a notification that may (or not) use the customized content.
The JEMH Profile needs to be configured to store non-JIRA users emails in a TEXT (unlim) custom field. That custom field needs to be referred within the Listener, or within each Listener ProjectMapping (not shown)
Now, for context, there are two main routes to notification, see https://javahollic.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JEMH/Notifying+the+reporter+of+issue+creation for background of this, and related issues. Is it possible that the remote user is associated with a full JIRA user? in which case the non-JIRA notification will never fire?
Please expand on:
- Your profile, is it set to drive a notification?
- Is your remote user a JIRA account holder (of any kind) this is what JEMH refers to as a 'JIRA user', or not, which is a JEMH non-JIRA user.
- Your project, does it have a listener associated?
- Do emails created have the remote users email added to a custom field or not? Non-JIRA user notification operates via the stored email addresses. JIRA account holders of any kind can be dealt with via the JEMH Project Mapping (JIRA user notification tab). When doing this though, you need to be sure that the project does not also have a Notification Scheme selected or duplicate notifications will ensue.
- have you configured the Listener to know where to look for the email addresses?
If I remove this line
there are no emails sent anymore. So If I dissable the JEMH Acknowledment line ( which I set up like here described https://javahollic.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JEMH/Send+a+simple+acknowledgement) there are no emails sent anymore, even though the Issue Created Event should be still listening
I think the problem you see with ISSUE_CREATED is referred in the above https://javahollic.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JEMH/Notifying+the+reporter+of+issue+creation , JEMH-280, prevents the 'non-JIRA user' email addresses from being used in the listener. The workaround is to use a custom event, that is associated with a TemplateSet that could just contain a copy of the default ISSUE_CREATED template, as described https://javahollic.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JEMH/Send+a+simple+acknowledgement.
This complexity is something I intend to address in the next major release, so that the ISSUE_CREATED event 'just works'.
Atlas Camp is our developer event which will take place in Barcelona, Spain from the 6th -7th of September . This is a great opportunity to meet other developers and get n...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG