Problem with customized email answers

Hi,

I followed your guide to sent emails to non-jira users, who report to an email address issues.

The email is sent, however it is always the standard JEMH email and not my customised one.

pic1: set right template

two

pic2: the event email is customized

three

pic3: however the email is not. and the first sentence of the email says that the default template was used but as you can see in pic1, there is a customized email

Thanks for the help!

4 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Issue Created Notifications

The template above seems fine, however, there is more than one way to trigger a notification that may (or not) use the customized content.

The JEMH Profile needs to be configured to store non-JIRA users emails in a TEXT (unlim) custom field. That custom field needs to be referred within the Listener, or within each Listener ProjectMapping (not shown)

Now, for context, there are two main routes to notification, see https://javahollic.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JEMH/Notifying+the+reporter+of+issue+creation for background of this, and related issues. Is it possible that the remote user is associated with a full JIRA user? in which case the non-JIRA notification will never fire?

Please expand on:

- Your profile, is it set to drive a notification?

- Is your remote user a JIRA account holder (of any kind) this is what JEMH refers to as a 'JIRA user', or not, which is a JEMH non-JIRA user.

- Your project, does it have a listener associated?

- Do emails created have the remote users email added to a custom field or not? Non-JIRA user notification operates via the stored email addresses. JIRA account holders of any kind can be dealt with via the JEMH Project Mapping (JIRA user notification tab). When doing this though, you need to be sure that the project does not also have a Notification Scheme selected or duplicate notifications will ensue.

- have you configured the Listener to know where to look for the email addresses?

Hi Andy, thanks for the reply.

There are custom fields and they are set correctly.

five

six

seven

My profile is set to drive a notification.

The remote user, who reported the issue via email, is not a JIRA account holder

eight

The project has a listener

update

If I remove this line

update

there are no emails sent anymore. So If I dissable the JEMH Acknowledment line ( which I set up like here described https://javahollic.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JEMH/Send+a+simple+acknowledgement) there are no emails sent anymore, even though the Issue Created Event should be still listening

I think the problem you see with ISSUE_CREATED is referred in the above https://javahollic.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JEMH/Notifying+the+reporter+of+issue+creation , JEMH-280, prevents the 'non-JIRA user' email addresses from being used in the listener. The workaround is to use a custom event, that is associated with a TemplateSet that could just contain a copy of the default ISSUE_CREATED template, as described https://javahollic.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JEMH/Send+a+simple+acknowledgement.

This complexity is something I intend to address in the next major release, so that the ISSUE_CREATED event 'just works'.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Jul 25, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

Jira Cloud and Bitbucket Cloud Integration with Microsoft Teams

One of the newest products in the Microsoft family - Microsoft Teams,  is a chat-based hub for teamwork that integrates all the people, content, and tools your team needs to be more engaged and ...

721 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you