Problem with Setup

Hi all,

i'm having issues with setting up this plugin. We are right now using the evaluation version on a Download Jira.

Problem:

When i setup all the notifications for non-jira users it worked fine with one profile, but when i added another profile linking to a different email address it stopped sending notification.

Requirements:

Non jira users sending emails to 3 different email adresses being popuplate into 3 different projects in Jira. Non jira users will be created and will be notified with all the changes.

Kind regards

1 answer

Hi Martin,

I can't reproduce this yet. Just going over the setup, see if anything jumps out. I'm not clear which bit is failing, are you getting issues routed appropriately? Which specific notifications are you expecting that are not being triggered?

Non-jira notifications are specific, and apply to scenarios where no actual JIRA accounts are involved (any account), email only interaction. The only link between a Profile and IssuEvents is that the Profile configures the custom field that the non-JIRA email address are stored in. The per-Project IssueEvent listener configuration has a non-JIRA component, for which each event that you would want to receive needs to be explicitly selected, to reduce the email chatter a remote user gets.

You indicate that Non jira users will be created, well, in that case they are not 'non-JIRA' in that they have an account created, even if they have no 'right to use'. For this scenario, I assume they would be the reporter of the issue, that the issue is being created successfully and the only problem is notifications. JEMH does a just-in-time configuration change to the default behaviour of automatically watching an issue, see Profile > Issue > Add Sender As Watcher. If you comment on the issue, a notification will be sent to JEMH IssueListener. And perhaps here is the problem, on a per project basis, the events that JEMH IssueListener handles also need to be selected (I should make that default all).

If you are running the latest (1.2.57) then you could also use the Notification History issue tab, it attempts to address the question: what notifications has the remote user received and what events didn't trigger a notification? See the tutorial on setting up the Notification History tab.

If you still can't get the behaviour you expect, please raise an issue in JIRA , providing XML exports of your Profile, and a screenshot of your Listener config, editing the issue to be private between Developer and Reporter.

Cheers

Hi Andy,

thank you for your response, but i thing i found the problems. If i deleted the project and the templates the templates were kept somewhere and i was getting in the log that the pugin was trying to use template -1. Figured that out and everything works like charm expect attachments.

How can i set it to send attachments that are attached to the issue via JIRA to non jira users ?

Kind Regards.

I can't suggest a resolution, I dont have enough information. Please raise an issue in JIRA, providing XML exports of your Profile, a log snipping with what you see and a screenshot of your Listener config, editing the issue to be private between Developer and Reporter.

Processing events deeper, determining that an attachment has been made and then mailing out attachments isn't something JEMH does right now. It would be a new feature, and could be a little spammy, in some situations, a non-jira user would end up with a copy of all the files they already sent...

I've added https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/browse/JEMH-967 to cover this.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Jul 10, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

If you’re an Atlassian app developer, you’ll want to know about Atlas Camp!

This September 6-7, hundreds of Atlassian App developers will flock to Barcelona Spain to build skills, discover product roadmaps, meet face-to-face with the Atlassian team, and learn how to extend t...

164 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you