Problem Integrating Eclipse to JIRA

Ish Fad July 3, 2014

Hi

I am having a problem integrating Eclipse (Kepler) to JIRA v6.2.7

I have installed all the relavent drivers and plugIn for jira in Eclipse IDE. I created JIRA repository in eclipse using relavent information.

When I click Validate Setting. I am getting following error message.

com.atlassian.jira.rest.client.RestClientException: com.sun.jersey.api.client.UniformInterfaceException: Client response status: 404

Please can someone help me and see where i am going wrong.

Thanks

Ish

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Steinberg August 25, 2015

I am running into the same problem using STS 4.3.0 (Eclipse 4.3.1/Kepler) and Atlassian Connector 3.2.5. I know that I am specifying my proxy credentials correctly, as a missing password triggers a 407 and an incorrect password triggers "Unable to authenticate with repository. Login credentials invalid." Only when I submit the correct proxy username and password do I get the 404. All this applies when I specify an HTTP URL for JIRA. When I specify an HTTPS URL, I get the 404 even with an incorrect proxy password. With a missing password (or with Enable Proxy Authentication unchecked), I get *com.sun.jersey.api.client.ClientHandlerException: java.io.IOException: Stream closed*. Using the browser, I access the the HTTP URL with no problem. The HTTPS URL brings up ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED (in Chrome). curl with the HTTPS URL brings up *(35) Unknown SSL protocol error* My hypothesis is that the connector, after authenticating through the proxy, is automatically redirecting to HTTPS, and that either the JIRA server does not have an HTTPS port defined or the certificates are not properly installed. Does this make sense?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 3, 2014

404 simply means your client (running Eclipse) cannot reach your Jira server. Check you can reach it in a browser first.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events