Previous status validator doesn't work

Rumceisz January 17, 2013

Hi All,

I just implemented the plugin and have set the previous staus validator to a transition: it doesn't work. The status continously enable different statuses too.

Our JIRA version is: 4.1.2

Plugin version:

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 17, 2013

How have you configured it on the transitions? i.e. what does the setup say, and what does your workflow look like (just the list of status I mean)

Also, what do you mean by "The status continously enable different statuses too"?

Rumceisz January 20, 2013

Hi Nic,

the plugin totally confused our workflows:

1. On an issue the incoming (previous) status is "Coding in progress" while the only enabled outgoing transition is not "Coding in progress" but Open.

2. On an other issue there is no outgoing transition!!! There would be the Open.

Maybe a reindex can solve the problem??

These transitions were taken before the plugin was installed.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2013

Ok, on point 1, can you explain exactly what you have got set up on the workflow transition? I can see you are going from "Coding in Progress" to "unknown" and you then have a transition from "unknown" to "something else" - what, exactly, have you configured on the conditions of "unknown" to "something else"?

I'm completely lost on point 2, sorry, I don't understand at all.

Like gatarina likes this
Rumceisz January 20, 2013

Hi,

point1: on the issue we have a transition history:

Coding in progress -> Pending

The condition I set for the outgoing: previous status=Coding in progress

So there is only one outgoing transition: back to Coding in progress.

The noted that the status before the Coding in progress was Open, so the whole transition history:

Open ->Coding in progress -> Pending

The condition enables the Open transition not the Coding in progress. It seems that the previous status condition ignores the previous Coding in progress transition and "remembers" only on the Open status. The issue spent only 28 minutes in the previous Coding in progress status. Can it be the problem? Or needed an integrity checker/indexing done?

Point 2 is resolved.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 20, 2013

I'm sorry, I don't think I'm grasping this properly. Could you describe the segment of the workflow that we are looking at separately from the issue? Forget the issue for now, lets just look at the workflow.

For example, are we looking at a workflow like this?

Open (status) ---(transition: start coding)---> Coding in progress (status)

Coding in progress (status) ---(transition: stop coding)---> Open (status)

And the condition you are using is on the transition:"stop coding", and says "the last transition into this status was not from "open" status"?

Like gatarina likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events