Prevent plannning on closed issues

Jo November 26, 2014

hi

is there a way to prevent planning on closed issues in  Tempo?

1 answer

0 votes
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2014

Hi Jo,

you can prevent users from planning on closed issues by adding the jira.issue.editable Property key to teh Workflow step "Closed". Please take a look at the JIRA documentation https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Working+in+text+mode#Workingintextmode-uneditable_stepsPreventingissuesfrombeingedited  for more information on how this is done.

Kind regards,

Susanne

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2023

Hi @Susanne Götz _Tempo_ , I just tried this on Cloud because I have the same request, but I'm still able to add a Plan for a closed issue with following workflow step properties:

• jira.issue.editable = false
  • jira.permission.work.denied = true
Susanne Götz _Tempo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2023

Hi @Dave Mathijs

A lot of time has gone by since this question was asked, and my earlier response refers to the Server version of JIRA and Tempo (the provided link is for JIRA 7.3). 

Since early 2017, JIRA and Tempo data for Cloud instances are stored in separate databases. JIRA has no information about plans that are created in Tempo and therefore planning on issues can not be restricted via a JIRA workflow. 

Also, on Server/DC, a lot of changes have happened in the Tempo product line. The option to restrict planning via a workflow property is no longer available. 

In the current version of Tempo, users can always plan time for themselves.
When only Tempo Timesheets is used, these plans are only visible to the user but not to anyone else (not the team lead, team members, or approvers).
When Tempo Planner is used, these plans are visible to team leads, and users who have the "View plans" permission for teams the user is a member of. 

Can you please create a feature request for this in our Tempo Ideas portal, https://ideas.tempo.io/ideas

Best regards,
Susanne 

Like Dave Mathijs likes this
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2023

Thank you for your prompt feedback Susanne, I will add the suggestion.

We have a business requirement for one of our clients to disable planning on certain issues within a project. I'll try issue security as a temporary workaround.

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 8, 2023

T-I-2228 has been created for this feature request on Cloud.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events