Prevent edit in view screen

Venkat Krishnamoorthy June 2, 2016

Hello,

Is there a way to prevent editing the checklist field in the Issue view screen?

Currently, we have a checklist field that has a field description that contains a link to a internal sharepoint site that has instructions on how a user should use this checklist field. However, I believe JIRA only shows field description on the Edit screen and not on the view screen. Our concern is, users would edit this checklist in the view screen without understanding the expectation.

Thanks,

Venkat

1 answer

0 votes
Yves Riel [Okapya]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 2, 2016

Hi Venkat,

The way I understand it, is that you want your users to only edit the checklist from the edit view so that they can see the description? If that is the case, I don't think that there is a way of doing this. You can prevent a user from editing the checklist but this would be applicable to both the view and edit screen.

The best that I can suggest is to use an hyperlink in the first checklist item itself and you make this item a global one (via option) so that no one can edit it but it will always be visible.

Yves

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events