Preserving order of Issues in an Epic?

Sam Louis August 16, 2018

I have a template for an Epic with several Issues. Currently when I make an Epic, the issues are created in such a way that they are listed in the reverse order of creation, for example:

Template Epic

Issue 1

Issue 2

Issue 3

Actual Epic(created from Template)

Issue 3

Issue 2

Issue 1

Is there a way to preserve the ordering? Changing the ranking in the Template has no effect on the final order, it seems to be purely based on the order that the issues were created.

2 answers

0 votes
Mateusz Sołowianiuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2020

Hi,

First of all, thank you for putting trust in our plugin, this means a lot to us!

@Sam, I attempted to reproduce your case. However, the tasks created using the template were inserted in the order specified in the template. If you happen to use this functionality a lot, I encourage you to raise this to our Service Desk by sending a mail to support@softwareplant.com or using our platform .

@Priska, if I understand correctly, you are referring to the manual creation of the tasks directly in the Gantt module. In this situation, the newly created task will be placed directly under the currently selected one. Hence, to keep your tasks in order, please make sure to verify if you highlighted the new task's predecessor.

I hope that this helps, but will be happy to provide more details if need be.

Best regards,
Mateusz Sołowianiuk
SoftwarePlant Support

Priska Maurer September 9, 2020

@Mateusz Sołowianiuk No I have exactly the same problem than Sam. 
I create the epic from the template in Jira (Kanban) but the order is upside down for whatever reason. 

0 votes
Priska Maurer August 19, 2020

I do have the same problem and would be happy if there is solution to it. 
Especially if you take over the start and end date for big picture, then you have the dates but all looks reverse which is not nice for the reading of the project road map. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events