Power Database Fields retriving data from PostgreSQL for a project but not for another

Francesco Mazza October 26, 2017

Hello to all.
I installed the Power Database Fields plugin it works well on a custom filed on a project. The problem is that data is not loaded for the same field that is inserted in another project. Does anyone know why it happens?
Thank you all in advance!

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tayyab Bashir
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 26, 2017

Have you configured the customfield for all the relevant projects or it can be accessed globally by all the issues? 
Confirm that by going in the customfields area, and find your database customfield? See if the scope is not restricted to specific projects? 

Yes I do.

Customfield Available Context(s): Issue type(s):Global (all issues)

-----

The field in question has a query where the value of another customfield is used with this syntax
select ...... where field_name = {customfield_10104}
The point is that everything works well for another project. I'm going crazy!!!! 

Tayyab Bashir
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 26, 2017

Have you checked if the customfield_10104 is in the context of that project? 

Global context. Apply to all issues in JIRA. 

thank you for your support Tayyab
do you have any other suggestion?

Tayyab Bashir
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 26, 2017

Hi,
It just seems weird for why aren't you able to get the data on another project if you have enabled it for all the projects and the customfield is present on all the relevant screens as well.

Can you try pulling some other field instead of the customfield for testing purposes and see if works? 

For e.g. I am using the same field in various projects and it works fine for me.

Could you check in custom field usage as well if everything is fine.
CF Usage.PNG

Francesco Mazza October 27, 2017

ok I do this test
thanks for the support. But first I wanted to ask you where you got that printscreen?

Tayyab Bashir
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 27, 2017

keyboard shortcut: g+g --> Custom field usage

Then type the customfield associated with power database.
It will return something like in above screen.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Francesco Mazza October 27, 2017

I solved. Under Tayyab's point I investigated better on the field in question and found that the field was out of the screen. All very strange. The important thing is to solve the problem. Now everything works well.
Thanks to everyone in particular to Tayyab

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events