Possible to use HTML formatting in custom colour field description

Claudia Mautner July 29, 2015

Hi Andrey,

another question regarding custom colour field plugin: I would like to use html formatting in the field description of the custom colour select field.

I would like to write something like: <b> red: <b/> decline, <b> green: </b> increase, etc. It is important that this appears correctly formated in the create-Screen, because it describes which colour should be entered when! Currently it does not appear formated - my Problem is that, because i do have a longer description, the description appears very hard to read ...

Is there a possiblity to fix this?

Thx for answering quickly!

2 answers

0 votes
Claudia Mautner August 11, 2015

Hi Andrey,

I hope these screen shots will help you understand my Problem. I am pretty sure that it has to do with your field, because I am definitly able to do that for other fields. Thanks for your response smile 

This "Quality"-Field is a Custom Color Field. I would like to edit the descriptionDescription without formatting.png

Here is another field (not your Color Custom Field) and formatting works great! So: This would be the goal!

Other field inkl. html.png

When I edit the description of the custom colour field with eg. bold formatting, I get this as result in the create Screen: You see, the formatting <b> is there as text.

Create inkl. bold formatting.png

In the field configuration (JIRA admin mode) it Looks like this: not quite "right" but you can see the <b> is not there and "Performance, Funktionality, Availability) RED =" is bold

Custom Field Config_Bold Formatting.png

0 votes
Andrey Markelov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2015

Hi @Claudia Mautner, I am not sure that it is related to this field. Are you able to do that for other fields?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events