Possible to update an issue automatically on a Schedule

daniel_hedberg November 23, 2017

Hi is it possible with Jira Automation to update a schedule every night ? We have a field which is read on create and on update but is otherwise static so i would like all issues in a project to be automatically updated every night.

2 answers

0 votes
Scott Harwood
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 23, 2017

Hi Erik,

What field are you trying to update? and to what value? I am a little confused about what you are trying to update on the schedule?

Thanks,
Scott.

daniel_hedberg November 24, 2017

Hi, 

The field im trying to update is a custom field from Keplers database addon.

Basically what happens is that we update this database field but it is not updated in a saved Jira issue. But if we click on edit for the Jira issue and "resave" the issue the field gets updated. So what i am looking for is a way to "resave"/update an issue so that the field is updated.

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 23, 2017

Hello,

In Automation for Jira (I guess you have the addon) you can choose Scheduled event and enter in the schedule "0 0 23 * * ?" and provide jql query which will choose the issues upon which an action must be executed. Then choose the right action and the action will be executed every day at 11pm.

daniel_hedberg November 23, 2017

The problem is that i see no good action to do what im suggesting the Refresh Isssue does not seem to do anything. The field is not updated even though if i click the edit on the actual issue the field changes directly.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events