Portfolio conflict with Tempo timesheets

Julian McEwen June 1, 2017

We're using Tempo time sheets and also need to use Jira Portfolio (cloud).

Portfolio requires the 'Time tracking provider' be set to 'Jira provides time tracking'

Tempo automatically sets (and needs) the 'Time tracking provider' to 'Tempo Timesheets'

Portfolio can't update issues when Tempo time tracking is enabled.

Does anyone know of a solution or work around to this? Or is it simply not going to work. (also not interested in using Tempo planner instead of portfolio as it doesn't quite fit our needs)

3 answers

1 vote
ioannis October 19, 2017

Any updates on this ? 

We can understand that this is a conflicting issue between parts BUT its critical for companies who use both solutions .

Marcin Gebski November 23, 2017

Hi, I've stubled upon this as well.

Does anybody know when this issue started occuring? What was the last pair of versions that were working together?

0 votes
Marcin Gebski November 24, 2017

But is there any reasonable alternative to Portfolio around? I mean, for visualisation of roadmaps based on backlogs, considering epics and versions?

Julian McEwen November 24, 2017

tbh, portfolio seems like the best solution to me outside of more expensive solutions like Aha! (+jira integration) ( www.aha.io )

I'm not sure how it handles backlogs, epics and versions but it looks pretty capable.

0 votes
Julian McEwen November 24, 2017

I've more or less given up on Portfolio because of this. The dev team needs Tempo and this doesn't seem to be a priority for Tempo or Portfolio.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events