Port scanning using Insight Discovery

MarieClaire Fnk December 11, 2018

We'd like to scan open ports using Insight Discovery - has anyone done this or can we get some suggestions on how to proceed?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Christian_Solle
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2018

Hi,

about your question:

We have added Pattern Files that will parse the TCP/UPD Ports and add them to the Host-Result-Data. You can download them here.

Custom Pattern Download

And we have added a page that describes how you can use/import that data into Insight

Adding Extended-Informations

// Christian

MarieClaire Fnk December 16, 2018

That's great - thank you. 

0 votes
Carlos Tichy June 9, 2022

Hi @Christian_Solle

Your links to the "Custom Pattern Download" and "Adding Extended-Informations" for the port scanning don't work.

Could you please let me know what the new URLs are?

That is precisely what I will need. I really would appreciate any help.

Best regards,

C. Tichy

0 votes
Christian_Solle
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2018

Hi,

you want to store the ports in Insight of a scanned Host system?

If yes then please let me know where did you want to store them? At the Host Object or the NetworkInterface Object?

The Discovery Tool already execute the "netstat -an" command in one pattern,

which means the result of the command is stored an we can reuse it to parse the ports

and add them as an Extended-Attribute. 

// Christian

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events