Populate Epic Link field using Behaviours

Rei Song May 26, 2016

Is there a way to populate a value inside the Epic Link using the Behaviours plugin? I am using the setFormValue() method and using the issue key as a parameter, but it's not working. If I need to pass in some other value/object, please let me know smile

1 answer

1 vote
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2016

I see a similar question here –  https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/312351

I hope this helps, I've not done this on Behaviors myself yet. smile

Rei Song May 26, 2016

Thanks for the reply, but I think your case is setting a value to a custom field based on the Epic Link value set. What I'm trying to do is setting a value to the Epic Link itself smile 

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2016

Possibly this kind of field is not supported... if it doesn't work, you won't be able to do it. How about setting it via a listener instead?

Rei Song May 27, 2016

When you click the "+" icon under the Issues in Epic section of an Epic issue, it opens the create issue dialog with the Epic Link field auto-populated. Based on this, I feel that auto-populating the Epic Link field is possible.

If I decide to choose the listener route, will it kick in after the issue has been created? As in, I would be utilizing the "Issue Created" event to create a custom listener.

Veera October 25, 2017

Hi @Rei Song
Were you able to achieve this requirement?

I'm trying to set the epic link field using behaviors so that the epic link field gets populated in the create screen itself.

Thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events