Populate Epic Link field using Behaviours

Is there a way to populate a value inside the Epic Link using the Behaviours plugin? I am using the setFormValue() method and using the issue key as a parameter, but it's not working. If I need to pass in some other value/object, please let me know smile

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.
Steven Behnke Community Champion May 26, 2016

I see a similar question here –  https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/312351

I hope this helps, I've not done this on Behaviors myself yet. smile

Thanks for the reply, but I think your case is setting a value to a custom field based on the Epic Link value set. What I'm trying to do is setting a value to the Epic Link itself smile 

Possibly this kind of field is not supported... if it doesn't work, you won't be able to do it. How about setting it via a listener instead?

When you click the "+" icon under the Issues in Epic section of an Epic issue, it opens the create issue dialog with the Epic Link field auto-populated. Based on this, I feel that auto-populating the Epic Link field is possible.

If I decide to choose the listener route, will it kick in after the issue has been created? As in, I would be utilizing the "Issue Created" event to create a custom listener.

Hi @Rei Song
Were you able to achieve this requirement?

I'm trying to set the epic link field using behaviors so that the epic link field gets populated in the create screen itself.

Thanks.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 22, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

How a Marketplace app tech team is achieving gender diversity

Hello! My name is Genevieve Blanch, and I'm the Marketing Manager at RefinedWiki, creators of apps to give teams the tools to customize Atlassian platforms. Currently, 44% of the tech team at Re...

486 views 3 18
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you