PocketQuery and Oracle Date format - colon is misinterpreted as a parameter

eminkevich_scg August 17, 2014

Hi,

Apparently PocketQuery interprets the colon in the date format descriptor as a parameter designator:

TO_CHAR(SAMPLE_TIME,'Mon dd, HH24:00') as SAMPLE_DTTM

Is there a way how would I escape the colon to use it as a literal?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Felix Grund (Scandio)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2014

Yea, now I see. This is actually kind of a problem. I'd say it'll be fixed in PocketQuery 1.13.1 which I plan to release sometime in September. Is this OK?

eminkevich_scg August 27, 2014

Thank you, that would be great!

Felix Grund (Scandio)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2014

Hi Evgeny, can you please check if this snapshot version of PocketQuery 1.13.1 solves this problem? Because in my tests it did ;). Let me know!

eminkevich_scg August 31, 2014

Yes it has solved the issue.

Should I just deploy it to PROD (how much has it changed from 1.13) or wait until the official release?

Felix Grund (Scandio)
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 31, 2014

Nice! I'll prepare the official release and upload it to the marketplace later today! The new version contains your bugfix and another minor JavaScript issue that won't affect you ;). By the way: if you like PocketQuery, could you consider leaving a review at the Atlassian Marketplace?

Felix Grund (Scandio)
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 31, 2014

Please find version 1.13.1 at the marketplace.

0 votes
Felix Grund (Scandio)
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 21, 2014

Hi Evgeny,

I tried to reproduce the problem with a sample MySQL database (this shouldn't be Oracle-specific) but I couldn't. I used this statement:

SELECT Name, DATE_FORMAT(NOW(),'%b %d %Y %h:%i %p') AS MyDate
FROM Country;

Can you provide your full statement?

Regards, Felix

eminkevich_scg August 23, 2014

Thank you for responding to this.

Here it is

select 
TO_CHAR(SAMPLE_TIME,'Mon dd HH24:mm') as SAMPLE_DTTM,
NVL((1-m.AVG_IDLE_TIME) , 0) as "Hourly Load Average" 
from JON_DASH.JON_HOST_METRICS M
where HOSTNAME=:hostname
and SAMPLE_TIME> SYSDATE-28
order by SAMPLE_TIME asc

And that's how it is presented with the macro config (the 'mm' parameter, which it should not be):

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events