Plugins are disabled after installing UPM 2.2.2

francis
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 16, 2012

I just upgraded to UPM 2.2.2. Tempo and Structure plugin are both disabled. When I try to enable them I get

This plugin failed to enable. Your license may be invalid. Please refer to the logs for more information.

Checking the logging I get for both plugins

Caused by: com.atlassian.plugin.PluginParseException: Unable to load the module's display conditions:
Could not load 'com.tempoplugin.view.condition.ShowReportCondition' in plugin is.origo.jira.tempo-plugin

and

Caused by: com.atlassian.plugin.PluginParseException: Unable to load the module's display conditions: Could not load 'com.almworks.jira.structure.web.StructureOperationsApplicableIssueCondition' in plugin com.almworks.jira.structure

Not sure what's going on, but we do have a demo tomorrow.

Francis

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Igor Sereda [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 16, 2012

Francis, did you try to restart JIRA?

We found this problem too, but restarting JIRA helps.

Also, I think we've tackled this problem in Structure 1.6, so it survives UPM upgrade.

Note to all devs: try to add dependency on a upm package to your Import-Package, for example:

com.atlassian.upm.api.util;version="0";resolution:=optional

Igor Sereda [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 16, 2012

On a side note off topic, if you have a demo tomorrow, don't upgrade Structure yet, as it has incompatible API changes - see the release notes

Igor Sereda [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 16, 2012

Also worth noting, we don't use licensing API from the UPM - there might be more problems for the marketplace plugins

francis
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 16, 2012

Hi Igor,

No we didn't restart JIRA initially.
Anyway - demo went well.

Thanks,

Francis

0 votes
francis
Marketplace Partner
May 16, 2012

Reverting UPM to 2.1.5 helped.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events