Plugin files can't be deleted

Pat Condon September 5, 2012

This is really basic question sbut I have not found an anwer. Exist plugin files can't be deleted because they are in use. Can you please tell me how to shutdown Jira?

I have admin rights on server where Jira is installed. All that I know to do is run the batch file "stop_service" in Atlassian\Jira folder

Thanks for your help!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Pat Condon October 9, 2012

Thanks for your help - question answered

0 votes
Arthur Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 6, 2012

Hello Pat,

Assuming that you're running JIRA on a Windows server:

• If you're running JIRA as a service, you can easily stop it on the Services Management Console (services.msc).
  • If you're running JIRA via command line, then you need to run the shutdown.bat, to proper end the application.

Cheers!

Pat Condon September 6, 2012

Thanks for your help

Related question for restoring backup - manually creating backup screen provides this:

Attachments will not be backed up. This needs to be done manually.

Is there a way t obackup attachments - all attachments at once?

Based on the zip file size for automatic backups, it looks like they do not back up attachments either

Thanks

Arthur Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 6, 2012

Hello Pat,

Yes, attachments are not copied within backups, only the database content is. The attachments are stored at the <$JIRA_HOME/data/attachments> folder. Then, you just need to backup this folder to proper save your attachments from any disaster. :D

Cheers!

Pat Condon September 6, 2012

Thanks again!

If I restore data to point rougly one month ago and can place the attachment folder you reference back in the proper place of folder structure - should the restored issues be linked with orginal attachment files?

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events