Plug-in Installation problems (sources) on JIRA 4.4.3 with Eclipse 3.4 [Script Runner Plug-in]?

Sylvain Lagiere January 18, 2012

I tried to install atlassian jira 4.4.3 (Evaluation) with the .war and its sources, to develop with Eclipse (3.4) [Tomcat 5.5.28] and test the Script Runner Plug-in.

I 've encountered a problem when I installed sources of this plug-in (Version one : 1.7.14) : JIRA Script Runner Plug-in (groovyrunner).

If I use the .jar of this plug-in with, this plug-in works, but I want to develop with its sources to add groovy scripts and classes.

When I run JIRA with sources of this plug-in, no errors for this plug-in.
I just have a white page when I access to Script Listeners Functions (Panel Administration): no errors in logs...

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2012

Hi Sylvain,

You shouldn't need the sources if you want to add your own workflow functions and so on.

But if you want to add something to the plugin you will. The first step is to make sure you can build it with maven:

mvn -o -Dmaven.test.skip=true clean package

should suffice. Install what you build and make sure that works.

> When I run JIRA with sources of this plug-in

I'm not really sure what you mean by this. Feel free to create a ticket at https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/browse/GRV, you will probably need to add the log file.

Sylvain Lagiere January 18, 2012

Thanks, but can you explain the process to use your command, please? Do I run this maven command from the root directory, of my plug-in sources?

In fact, I want to dev with sources to debug corectly groovy script and to use correct class, (groovy class or atlassian class).

Thank you!

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2012

You don't need to rebuild the plugin to do this or have the sources... you're setting yourself for pain if you're not sure how to use maven. Have you looked at https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/display/GRV/Script+Runner#ScriptRunner-DebuggingandCodingwithIDEA ? I don't use Eclipse but it won't be a million miles different.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events