Please add "Next/Previous Test Case" buttons on the Zephyr Test Execution Screen

David Buonomano January 7, 2014

Within the Zephyr Test Execution screen, where the user actually see's the steps and can mark each as passed/failed, etc... can you add two buttons near the top of the screen to move to the next test case or the previous test case in the test cycle? Right now there are two buttons available; Return to Test and Return to Test Cycle.

The Return to Test bring you back to the actual view issue screen in JIRA and is not helpful if the user wants to continue testing. They then have to navigate back to the Test Execution screen which often times gets reordered and they can lose their place in the test cycle.

The Return to Test Cycle is more helpful but requires the user to then cycle through the list of test cases and click on the execute button again to get back to the test execution screen. With the recent upgrade and the addition of the Search Test Executions page (which is wonderful by the way!) my QA team prefers to work from there because they can see more than 10 test cases at a time. If they click execute from the Search Test Executions page, complete a test and then click on the Return to Test Cycle button they go back to the old test executions page within the projects menu. They then have to navigate back to the search test executions page, which does not persist the search results and they have to run their saved query all over again.

Adding these two buttons will save a significant amount of frustration and time loss for my team as they plow through a cycle of 1000+ regression test cases! That's A LOT of clicking around right now!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Emily Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2014

Hi David,

I spoke with our team and it turns out that this feature will be implmeneted in our Zephyr for JIRA 2.2 release. Zephyr for JIRA 2.2 will be released in the end of March.

Kind Regards,

Emily

David Buonomano January 9, 2014

That's excellent news! My QA team thanks you!

0 votes
Emily Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2014

Hi David,

Thank you for your use case on this request. I will absolutely pass this along to our product team to review it.

Kind Regards,

Emily

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events