Play SQL plugin

APP HCI March 12, 2013

Hello, maybe i didn't find relevant information about possibility to use more data sources in one space. It's possible? Thank you.

3 answers

2 votes
Adrien Ragot 2
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2013

Hi,

There is one connection only per space. Here are a few tips:

• In the macro details, you can choose the "recently viewed" spreadsheets, even if they are from other spaces.
  • The permissions of the original space are applied, even when the spreadsheet is viewed on another page.
  • In 2.11, we'll publish some work on permissions. It will be possible to make a spreadsheet visible to users who don't have access to a space.

Best regards

ADS-LRZ March 13, 2013

How can you select a datasource from a different space?

Adrien Ragot 2
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2013
In the editor, click on the macro, then click edit, A dialog displays with the SQL query and a drop-down named "Context". All the spaces with a datasource are listed there.
Edward McLain June 4, 2014

I'm unfortunately not seeing this Context drop down on any of my spaces. Where do I find this?

0 votes
Paulina Riera February 15, 2014

I'm wondering if anyone has used this in conjunction with their jira instance. We're looking for robust reporting on issue that I would know best how to write using an SQL instead of the limited JQuery functionality in Jira. Thoughts?

0 votes
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 12, 2013

Hi there,

Are you refering to this plugin (Play SQL plugin) at Atlassian Market place? If so, I see here that it says "Rule: Play SQL defines one connection per Space."

As an alternative, you may want to test this other plugin, SQL plugin, which doesn't have such restriction.

Cheers

Adrien Ragot 2
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 13, 2013
Hi Tiago, Thank you for advertising another plugin. Perhaps APP HCI is interested in some special features of Play SQL, like: - The table index page, - The direct JDBC connection, - The initialization SQL, - The timeouts and system-administered row limits, - The live SQL editor with no page reload. Also, Bob Swift's plugin has gone extremely expensive recently, for very few features, therefore I'm creating this plugin.
Adrien Ragot 2
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 13, 2013

Thank you for advertising another plugin. Perhaps APP HCI is interested in some special features of Play SQL, like:

Also, Bob Swift's plugin has gone extremely expensive recently, for very few features, therefore I'm creating this plugin.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events