Perforce Commits work from Command Line but not from P4V or P4Eclipse ?

Gregory Herve April 8, 2013

Hi,

I have installed the Commit Acceptance plugin and configured Perforce to use the jira-client.pl client script trigger for all my commits.

The trigger is executed, and if I check-in code from the p4 command line it works great:

Committer: xxxxx
Commit message: "KEY-14 Commit on valid issue"
Commit accepted.

But if I try to commit from the P4V client or the P4Eclipse Plugin, I get the following:

Submit validation failed -- fix problems then use 'p4 submit -c 72'.
'jiracommitacceptance' validation failed: Committer: xxxx
Commit message: ""
Commit rejected: No project accepts this commit. Project [*]: Commit message must contain at least one valid issue key.

The commit message is empty.

I am not what is happening, but it looks like a problem with credentials, the client script is using the following command:

p4 -s describe $ARGV[1]

And it looks like it does not get the changes because of permissions/credentials in P4V ???

Thanks for your help.

Greg

1 answer

0 votes
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 17, 2014

Hey there, Gregory.

I noticed that it has been a while since you receive any response here. Have you raised a ticket in the following link:

https://support.atlassian.com

You will be able seek help from the support engineers regarding the questions that you have here. If you have not, I would kindly suggest you to do so.

Hope this helps and all the best.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events