Perforce Commits work from Command Line but not from P4V or P4Eclipse ?

Hi,

I have installed the Commit Acceptance plugin and configured Perforce to use the jira-client.pl client script trigger for all my commits.

The trigger is executed, and if I check-in code from the p4 command line it works great:

Committer: xxxxx
Commit message: "KEY-14 Commit on valid issue"
Commit accepted.

But if I try to commit from the P4V client or the P4Eclipse Plugin, I get the following:

Submit validation failed -- fix problems then use 'p4 submit -c 72'.
'jiracommitacceptance' validation failed: Committer: xxxx
Commit message: ""
Commit rejected: No project accepts this commit. Project [*]: Commit message must contain at least one valid issue key.

The commit message is empty.

I am not what is happening, but it looks like a problem with credentials, the client script is using the following command:

p4 -s describe $ARGV[1]

And it looks like it does not get the changes because of permissions/credentials in P4V ???

Thanks for your help.

Greg

1 answer

0 votes
Ahmad Danial Atlassian Team Feb 17, 2014

Hey there, Gregory.

I noticed that it has been a while since you receive any response here. Have you raised a ticket in the following link:

https://support.atlassian.com

You will be able seek help from the support engineers regarding the questions that you have here. If you have not, I would kindly suggest you to do so.

Hope this helps and all the best.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Thursday in Marketplace Apps

You + one app + a desert island...

Hi all! My name is Miles and I work on the Marketplace team. We’re looking for better ways to recommend and suggest apps that are truly crowd favorites, so of course we wanted to poll the Community. ...

444 views 3 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you