Parameters of relatedIssuesByQuery

Hello,

Could you please document how to use relatedIssuesByQuery ? It's not documented on your Wiki, and I can't figure it out.

2 answers

According to my understand of function source code, "relatedIssuesByQuery" takes two JQL queries as parameters.

First query is triggered and for each returned issue, the second JQL query is invoked after replacement of "SELF_VALUE" token by the issue key.

As an example 

relatedIssuesByQuery('issuetype ="User Story" and status="Reopened"', "linkedIssues(SELF_VALUE)")

will returned all issues linked to at least one "User Story" in reopened state.

Hi, I tried your explanation but it goes wrong with message: JQL in second first operand is not valid.

Here is Cprime's help page about this JQL function. I believe this is the correct source to go to. The function comes with AM Utilities. However, we updated to Jira 8.0 and the add on is not compatible yet. I did drop an e-mail to Cprime and I hope I'll have more info soon. It might work for you, if the add on is compatible with your Jira version.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Feb 07, 2019 in Marketplace Apps

A Timeless Love Story

It started as any story starts, on a normal, rainy day.   Admin meets App, and her name was Klok2, and like any first relationship we were both trying to make it work but neither one knew what...

466 views 8 27
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you