Paid via Vendor means is it already paid ?

Aimmal Moin April 8, 2013

Hi,

I would like to know if this plugin is already paid for if I have a commercial license.

Thanks,

Aimm

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2013

If you're looking at the marketplace descriptions, then it means "you must arrange payment with the vendor of the plugin" (The other option is that you pay Atlassian as part of the package and they deal with the vendor for you).

If you have a licence for the plugin, your organisation would have acquired it from the vendor and that should be recorded somewhere. If you're really not sure, then you might want to contact Bob's organisation directly to see if you have (I've inherited a Jira where admins have left no list of what they've bought for me to refer to, let alone the rest of the config they'd done - that was... fun...)

we were using a fee version. But I can't seem to understand. If it says paid via vendor is it paid already for and I can download and use it ? We have a commercial license for jira.

same here I have inherited jira where admins have left

free* version

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2013

No, that's the point - the phrase simply means "you need to pay for this via the vendor"

The website has no way of knowing if you've paid for it already.

If it were "paid via Atlassian", it would show in your Atlassian account on myatlassian.com but this is third-party.

ok, thanks.

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2013

Nic is right, it is just terminology to say: go ask the vendor about how to license it. In this case, JIRA Command Line Interface is an add-on (not part of JIRA) and licensing information is at: Atlassian CLI license

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events