Outlook2jira : How to add custom fields in the Outlook window eg: Component or Severity?

Team - How to add custom fields in the Outlook window eg: Component or Severity? Right now, in the Outlook window, I can only see "Project" and "Issue Type" as two drop-down fields with additional check boxes for Header and Assignment.

Is there anyway to add additional fields?

Thanks,

Karthik

4 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

You cannot add custom fields in the Outlook window. But if you have any required fields a further windows will popup (embedded browser) which allows to edit all fields of your issue.

We will add an option in the Outlook window so the user can always decide to display the embedded browser first before creating the issue. Currently the embedded browser will only be shown if there are any required fields to create the issue.

Regards,

Sebastian

Hi Sebastian,

Appreciate your prompt response. This plugin is extremely useful and would be great to include an option to choose other fields. Right now, we will manage with the embedded window approach.

Is there any timeline by when you could possibly include the other fields?

Thanks & Regards,

Karthik.

Well, for now the issue fields will not be added to the Outlook windows directly. We will only add a checkbox to make it possible to display the embedded browser also in cases you do not have any required fields. As mentioned above the embedded browser will not be displayed if there are no required fields defined.

We will added this feature within the next 2 weeks.

For future releases we think about adding some default fields of Jira like components, versions and assignee but we do not have a timelime for this feature yet.

Regards,

Sebastian

Version 1.4.5 has been released. It is now possible to display the embedded browser also in cases you do not have any required fields.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 22, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

How a Marketplace app tech team is achieving gender diversity

Hello! My name is Genevieve Blanch, and I'm the Marketing Manager at RefinedWiki, creators of apps to give teams the tools to customize Atlassian platforms. Currently, 44% of the tech team at Re...

425 views 3 17
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you