Outlook to Jira for restricted Jira projects

Jayan Andersen February 11, 2015

I have successfully set up the application in Outlook and it's interface is showing most, but not all of the Projects in my JIRA set up. 

One project in particular (Information Security) is restricted to specific users due to the sensitive nature of the data captured therein. None of the other Outlook to JIRA users can see this project (as expected) however; a valid project user also does not have access to make Jiras in this project. Is there a special permission I have to include to allow Outlook to JIRA to find this missing project?  

Many thanks in advance for any assistance with this matter.

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
catworkx GmbH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2015

As long as the user has the "Browse" and "Create Issue" permission he should see the project in Outlook. There is no special permission which need to be included.

0 votes
Jayan Andersen March 5, 2015

Hello,

After review, the issue was sorted out with the above mentioned problem. 

The associated project was a custom project with custom fields. In one issue type the field "Description" was required and present. In the other issue type that field was not required, therefor not present.

When the Outlook to JIRA attempted to create the issue from Outlook, the screen would appear blank and never resolve because the required filed was not present.

Once I added the Description field to the create tab, the application worked properly. 

It would be a nice enhancement in future releases to return an error screen to alert users of a missing required filed.

Thank You for your time and assistance on this matter.

0 votes
Jayan Andersen February 24, 2015

Greetings,

So after some review, and project updates, the system works for one of the two restricted issue types. I have reviewed all of the schemes associated and everything seems to line up. I can even see the issue type in the drop down when attempting to create a JIRA from outlook. However; once the "create jira" option is selected, the window opens and nothing populates.

For the second issue type, the window opens and all of the expected fields are there. 

Why would only one of the two issue types work for this particular project? All other projects tested so far do not seem to be affected by this.

Thank You for your time and assistance on this matter.

0 votes
Jayan Andersen February 12, 2015

Thank you for the response, I will look into this to ensure those permissions are enabled for this user.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events