Option to disable rounded decimal places

Sven Drewelhein April 5, 2014

Hello Andriy,

We are currently using the timesheet plugin's numbers for accounting and report specific documents.
In the latest version the decimal places are rounded actually making the numbers being generated by the timesheet plugin inaccurate.

I already read that you are extending the decimal places from one to two, but will there also be an option to simply disable this process? I really hope that you are able to help me with this problem since this really is a crucial factor for the future plugin's use my company's issue tracking.

Thank you in advance for your time and help!
I am looking forward to your reply.

Kind regards,
Sven

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 6, 2014

Hi Sven,

Finallly I decided to add this option - sorry for taking your time discussing it, and inconviences caused.

Please see version 2.7.9.1.

Thank you.

1 vote
Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 5, 2014

Hi Sven,

I'd like to avoid the need of this option, and try to figure out what's wrong indeed.

Let me clarify, why do you think numbers are inaccurate? Rounding happens only when displaying, so all calculations are performed with actual numbers. So total for example should be still corect.

However in excel view sum is calculated by spreadsheet using rounded values. This may be a problem.

Thank you.

0 votes
Sven Drewelhein April 7, 2014

Hi Andriy,

I just updated the plugin to the latest version (2.7.9.1) and it works like a charm.
Thank you once again for your great support and help!

Kind regards,
Sven

0 votes
Sven Drewelhein April 5, 2014

Hello Andriy,

Thank you for your quick reply.

The numbers in the excel report are one of the main problems we are facing in our organization regarding the timesheet plugin, because we are using these for aggregation purposes and finally compare them with other KPIs.

Why would you like to completely avoid the necessity of this option?
Will there be an option to configure or disable the decimal places of the excel export?

Kind regards,
Sven

Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 5, 2014

I just would like to resolve problem, instead of making option to disable problematic behaviour.

So, making excel view use non-rounded data would help, right?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events