I have a standard svn layout, but I don't want everything mapped to git. I want something like this:
(this assumes there is a 'trunk/c' that is not mapped)
Is this possible? Perhaps by abusing the 'branches' field?
As far as I understand, trunk/a, trunk/b and trunk/c are regular directories within trunk branch, is that correct?
It makes sense to map Subversion branches and tags (but not subdirectories) into Git refs as only branches and tags carry proper copy and merge information. So, I'd recommend you to use standard repository layout instead:
trunk = trunk:refs/heads/master
branches = branches/*:refs/heads/*
tags = tags/*:refs/tags/*
As to c directory, it's still possible to ignore it with experimental skip feature. Unfortunately, there are no UI settings to enable this feature, but you can try to do the following:
1. Create new Git repository in Stash;
2. Go to Subversion Mirror page;
3. Fill in all the required fields there and click continue;
4. When the page with authors mapping is displayed (see screenshot below), adjust SubGit config file <STASH_HOME>/data/repositories/<ID>/subgit/config, so it has the following option:
skip = ^c(\\/|$)
You can use any Java regular expression here; SubGit ignores any path within any branch and tag if it matches that regex.
Hint: you can find repository ID on Settings | Repository Details page.
5. Finally, adjust authors mapping as needed and start initial import by clicking continue.
Please feel free to ask any questions on that.
Atlas Camp is our developer event which will take place in Barcelona, Spain from the 6th -7th of September . This is a great opportunity to meet other developers and get n...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG