Object with atribute type value = date as a trigger

Hi,

I would like to kindly ask, whether it is possible to use date in atribute as a trigger for notification.

We have few object types like "warranty" where it would be great to get notification after the filled in date is breached.

thanks

Kind regards,

Jan

2 answers

0 votes

Hi Jan,

This is something that you can do using Automation together with our query language called IQL. You can read about the two concepts at 

Best Regards
Alexander

Hi Alexander,

I already checked the mentioned links before I post my question, but thanks anyway :)

Problem is that automation manager is pretty easy to use, but I am not able to find out how to use the date as a trigger.

I have object type named asset, this asset has an atribute named "Garance Valid to" with date type like 1/jul/18. I need to somehow define that the value is treshold for triggering notification - emailinsight.JPG

0 votes

Hi Jan, 

You should trigger the automation based on a Scheduled event, and then configure the IQL as you want it to, according to the documentation linked for IQL, as an example you could use the now() function together with a suitable operator. 

Best Regards
Alexander

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 11, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

You + one app + a desert island...

Hi all! My name is Miles and I work on the Marketplace team. We’re looking for better ways to recommend and suggest apps that are truly crowd favorites, so of course we wanted to poll the Community. ...

2,565 views 5 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you