Object with atribute type value = date as a trigger

Jan Odvárka November 27, 2017

Hi,

I would like to kindly ask, whether it is possible to use date in atribute as a trigger for notification.

We have few object types like "warranty" where it would be great to get notification after the filled in date is breached.

thanks

Kind regards,

Jan

2 answers

0 votes
Alexander Sundström
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2017

Hi Jan, 

You should trigger the automation based on a Scheduled event, and then configure the IQL as you want it to, according to the documentation linked for IQL, as an example you could use the now() function together with a suitable operator. 

Best Regards
Alexander

0 votes
Alexander Sundström
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2017

Hi Jan,

This is something that you can do using Automation together with our query language called IQL. You can read about the two concepts at 

Best Regards
Alexander

Jan Odvárka November 30, 2017

Hi Alexander,

I already checked the mentioned links before I post my question, but thanks anyway :)

Problem is that automation manager is pretty easy to use, but I am not able to find out how to use the date as a trigger.

I have object type named asset, this asset has an atribute named "Garance Valid to" with date type like 1/jul/18. I need to somehow define that the value is treshold for triggering notification - emailinsight.JPG

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events