OAM Webgate Connector for JIRA Server not recording user login time

Sean Herring [Kaiser Permanente] December 14, 2017

I have inherited the following configuration: 

The JIRA Server instance I administer (currently 7.3.0) authenticates through an Oracle Access Manager Webgate (version 11.1.2.2.0). The web server is Apache 2.4.6. 

There is an authenticator plugin that almost works. I say almost in the sense that people can log in through the SSO page and do what they need. If I look at the User Sessions page, I can see who is logged on and user groups, roles, etc. all work as normal. 

What is not happening is details are not being recorded in the database, so User statistics are always reported as "Not Recorded" and Login Details are always "Never Logged In."

I have tried pulling these details directly from the database and I've verified that they just aren't there. 

My current hypotheses are the following: 
1. JIRA wants a time stamp that it isn't getting somehow

2. There is an API call that needs to be made but isn't. 

My questions are: 
1. Are the requirements that JIRA/Seraph has for logging in documented somewhere? More detailed is better. For example, if a certain API call is required for the user login details to get logged in the database, what is that API call. 
2. Has anyone else run into this situation or something similar?

1 answer

1 vote
Lars Olav Velle
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2017

Hi,

This solution will only send JIRA the REMOTE_USER header and ask that user to be logged in. 

It is a very basic solution and does not fire off events that JIRA is listening for, like updating the last login for example.

I remember years back when we (Kantega Single Sign-on) had a "bug" that made the last logon not get updated. If I remember correctly it was a new JIRA version that handled this slightly different than the previous version.

-Lars

Sean Herring [Kaiser Permanente] January 4, 2018

Thanks, that kind of confirms what I had been suspecting. Which events need to be fired?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events