Nunjucks expression to find a value in a list

Dale Bosserman January 24, 2018

I'm on Jira Cloud and I'm configuring a conditional post function and I want it to run if the value of a custom field is in a list. 

For example, I have 60 values defined in a custom field called Departments.  If the value of the Department is either U, V, W, X, Y or Z then run the post function. 

I know I could do something like 

{{ issue.fields["Department"].value == "U" or issue.fields["Job Title"].value == "V" or issue.fields["Job Title"].value == "W" or issue.fields["Job Title"].value == "X" or issue.fields["Job Title"].value == "Y" or issue.fields["Job Title"].value == "Z" }}

I wanted to find out if there was a way of doing this without using a bunch of OR clauses. Is there something similar to an IN statement I could use? 

Also, is there a maximum number of post functions I can have on a single transition? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ivan Tovbin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2018

Hi Dale, 

Your 'Department' custom field is a single select list, yes? I'm also going to assume that it's ID is '11111'

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor

def cfDepartment = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager().getCustomFieldObject(11111)
ArrayList valuesToCheck = new ArrayList()
valuesToCheck.addAll("U","V","W","X","Y","Z")
if (valuesToCheck.contains(issue.getCustomFieldValue(cfDepartment).getValue()) == true){
return true
}
return false
Dale Bosserman January 25, 2018

Just what I was looking for! Thanks!

Do you know if there is a max number of post functions I can have on a transition? 

Also, I'm looking into some training on this. Any suggestions? 

Ivan Tovbin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2018

I'm not aware about any such limitation. From my experience I've had ~10 post functions maximum on a transition.

As for training, I'm afraid I don't have an answer for that one. I'd suggest you start a new Discussion about it here on the Community and see what others have to say.

P.S. Please mark the solution as "Accepted" if it's working for you. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events