Numerous tmp files in Windows/Temp folder

Neal Culiner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 8, 2013

Hello,

I have A LOT of tmp files being created, one every two minutes, in the Windows\Temp folder. Files names such as tfsquery7556736040347569111.tmp

How can we turn this off before it runs us out of disk space as there is no cleanup?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mikołaj Żyromski November 11, 2013

Hello again,

We've located and got rid of the bug that caused TFS4JIRA plugin temporary files to be left behind (see: https://jira.spartez.com/browse/TFS-278). The fix will be included in the next TFS4JIRA release, however if you're willing to give it a try, you can download and install a custom build from the following URL: https://dl.dropbox.com/s/2im0fkex6lpwjvi/tfs4jira-2.1.1-SNAPSHOT.jar

Have a good day,

Mikołaj Żyromski, Spartez

Neal Culiner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 11, 2013

Thank you, please advise when it's released and I'll re-enable the add-on.

Mikołaj Żyromski December 9, 2013

Hi Neal,

Just to let you know: version 3.0 of TFS4JIRA containing the fix has been released.

Neal Culiner
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 9, 2013

Working great - thank you. Looking forward to TFS 2013 support.

Neal Culiner
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 9, 2013

I've been using the TFS 2012 setting against my TFS 2013 install with no problem. So maybe you just could changed 2012 to read 2012/2013 and be covered.

Mikołaj Żyromski December 9, 2013

Neal, did you come across any problems considering TFS4JIRA compatibility with TFS 2013? As far as we are concerened the plugin works well with this version, but maybe we missed something during testing.

0 votes
Mikołaj Żyromski November 11, 2013

Hi Neal,

We'll investigate this issue and get back to you soon. Please stay tuned.

Mikołaj Żyromski, Spartez

0 votes
Chris Gaza November 8, 2013

how big are the files created, i think they are just temporary files to store data on the go, they should be deleted automatically after a while. they should normally go to your windows temprary folder

Neal Culiner
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 8, 2013

They are 2KB each. I'm not comfortable with 2KB/2minutes added to my drive. I'm going to have to disable the add-on I'm afraid. Also, hoping for TFS 2013 support, using TFS 2012 works against TFS 2013 as far as I can tell.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events