Number of hours is being displayed for a scripted field instead of date

Hi Jamie,

I have tried the scriptsto display the date for a particular transition first happened to an issue.

It seems to be working fine when i have previewed it. But when i opened the  same issue, instead on showing the date, it displays the number of hours on field "Date Transition"

Could you please advice me on the above.

6-15-2015 4-16-54 PM.jpg

6-15-2015 4-20-32 PM.jpg

Thanks.

Kind Regards,

Swarna Radha

Team Lead Agile

Rubric Quality Consultants

2 answers

0 votes
Steven Behnke Community Champion Jun 15, 2015

I have a feeling that is just how the Date/Time fields are displayed in JIRA.

Thanks for your answer

Steven Behnke Community Champion Jun 15, 2015

No problem. It looks like it's a feature you can turn off in it's entirety by following this guide: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Disable+Relative+Dates+in+JIRA But it is not something you control per field. A workaround could be to script a Text Field instead but that seems hacky to me.

Feel free to vote for my suggestion https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-45928 which contains making displaying of date time configurable (on/off per custom field configuration).

Steven Behnke Community Champion Oct 22, 2015

I've gotten a little more familiar with Script Runner, and I'm sure the original author of the question could accomplish this with Script Runner's Custom Template option, as well as the velocity format tools. But yes, I voted for your JRA issue.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Oct 31, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

Marketplace Spotlight: Zephyr

Hello Atlassian Community! Each month, we run a series of Spotlights to highlight Marketplace vendors and apps that our team thinks this Community would find valuable. In last month's Spotlig...

330 views 0 1
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you