NullPointerException thrown when trying to sync repo

Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2013

After clicking the refresh icon to Sync Repo, an error message is returned:

*Sync Failed: java.lang.NullPointerException*

2013-01-11 17:19:42,578 BitbucketConnectorExecutorServiceThread:thread-1 WARN ServiceRunner    com.atlassian.jira.plugins.dvcs.scheduler.DvcsScheduler:job [dvcs.sync.impl.DefaultSynchronizer] 
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at com.atlassian.jira.plugins.dvcs.spi.bitbucket.transformers.ChangesetFileTransformer$1.transform(ChangesetFileTransformer.java:34)
	at org.apache.commons.collections.CollectionUtils.collect(CollectionUtils.java:632)
	at org.apache.commons.collections.CollectionUtils.collect(CollectionUtils.java:610)
	at org.apache.commons.collections.CollectionUtils.collect(CollectionUtils.java:575)
	at com.atlassian.jira.plugins.dvcs.spi.bitbucket.transformers.ChangesetFileTransformer.fromBitbucketChangesetsWithDiffstat(ChangesetFileTransformer.java:25)
	at com.atlassian.jira.plugins.dvcs.spi.bitbucket.transformers.DetailedChangesetTransformer.fromChangesetAndBitbucketDiffstats(DetailedChangesetTransformer.java:21)
	at com.atlassian.jira.plugins.dvcs.spi.bitbucket.BitbucketCommunicator.getDetailChangeset(BitbucketCommunicator.java:168)
	at com.atlassian.jira.plugins.dvcs.service.remote.ChangesetIterator.next(BranchedChangesetIterator.java:109)
	at com.atlassian.jira.plugins.dvcs.service.remote.BranchedChangesetIterator.next(BranchedChangesetIterator.java:61)
	at com.atlassian.jira.plugins.dvcs.service.remote.BranchedChangesetIterator.next(BranchedChangesetIterator.java:19)
	at com.atlassian.jira.plugins.dvcs.sync.impl.DefaultSynchronisationOperation.synchronise(DefaultSynchronisationOperation.java:64)
	at com.atlassian.jira.plugins.dvcs.sync.impl.DefaultSynchronizer$1.run(DefaultSynchronizer.java:79)
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:439)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

The DVCS connector is connecting to BitBucket.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
cbenard1
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2013

Hi Timothy,

This issue has cropped up a couple of times recently. We've been resolving it by manually updating the DVCS connector plugin to version 1.2.6.1. Please raise a support ticket and myself or one of my team mates should be able to get this taken care of.

Cheers

Turner

Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 17, 2013

Where do I raise this issue at? I coulnd not even find the right JIRA instance to raise this issue..

Immanuel Siagian
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 17, 2013

Hi Timothy,

As Turner suggested, it is best to raise an issue on support. You may register first and raise this question to https://support.atlassian.com

Do let us know if you need assistance on this.

0 votes
Immanuel Siagian
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 11, 2013

Hi Tomothy,

I'm afraid that you have run into a known bug described on the following report: https://studio.atlassian.com/browse/BBC-232. I could not find any workarounds for this, so my best advice is to wait for version 1.3 of the plugin.

I hope this is has been helpful.

Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 15, 2013

Can't view the issue but does the sync actually finish?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events