NullPointerException error when trying to configure "Set Issue security from user role" using the JIRA Misc Workflow Extensions pluging

Sarah Woodhouse December 4, 2012

Using JIRA 4.2 and JIRA Misc Workflow Extensions 2.5.4 on a test box (not our live production JIRA environment)

I've copied our default workflow to try to add in the "Set Issue security from user role" post-function. Using the copied workflow I then did the following:

1. Click the Open step
  2. Click the Create Issue transition
  3. Click Post Functions
  4. Click "Add a new post function"
  5. Select "Set issue security level based on user's project role"
  6. Click Add
  7. I then get a page titled "Add Parameters To Function" with the body text "Add required parameters to the Function." under which there are buttons for Add or Cancel (screenshot attached)

There are no parameters to choose from and if I click Add I get a huge long error page, the cause summary of which is "com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference$InitializationException: java.lang.NullPointerException" (full text attached error.txt)

Any ideas what might be the cause? Thanks in advance!

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sarah Woodhouse February 17, 2013

As I suspected, version 2.5.4 of the plugin does not support JIRA 4.2. Now we've upgraded to JIRA 5.2 the plugin is working perfectly.

0 votes
Sarah Woodhouse December 5, 2012

Hi Fernando,

We haven't tried that yet, no. Since posting my question we have considered that the latest version of the plugin might not support JIRA 4.2 as the documentation for it lists "JIRA 5.0 - 5.2.1"

We are waiting for an upgrade to JIRA 5.2 but our IT team wanted to get this plugin working for us first. As we now suspect that our version of JIRA might not be supported, we've decided to run an upgrade to JIRA 5.2 on a test box and try the plugin on that. I will post back if the plugin still doesn't work on 5.2.

Thanks for replying!

0 votes
FernandoA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2012

Hi Sarah,

Have you already given a try in re-index the JIRA content? Please give it a try and then try to perform the action you've descreibed above once again.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events