Notification when there are certain amount of issues in a given status

Nick Smith September 5, 2017

Hi,

I am looking to create a notification or email event (in the end ideally i would like a slack notification but email is a good start) when a column/ status (say QA) on a given workflow reaches its effective WIP Limit (Say 4 items in the column) with the post functions.

Another option would be prevent a user from moving an item into a status if there are already x amount of items in that column.

Any sugesstions would be greatly apprecaited!

Thanks!

Nick

1 answer

0 votes
Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2017

Nick,

using boards you can limit the number of issues in a status, it's called column constraints 

also, yo can implement a listener or service  to track the number of issues in a status and notify users

Nick Smith September 6, 2017

Gaston,

Thank you for the quick response!

Our team doers indeed have the column constraints setup for the visual indicatiors and they work great! 

However its the second part im really looking for - as users are not always looking at the board at the same it would be nice to have a notification sent to email/chat to notify the team that they need to swarm on QA or inprogress when that status limit is reached .

That sounds pretty much like your second suggestion and thats what im looking for is how would i go about settinng up that is the chellenge im having. Any refrences or guides on how to get started would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Nick

Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2017

Ok Nick,

There's a lot of examples here in the community on how to create a listener or service.

Let us know if you have any trouble

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events