Not showing commits in JIRA Tickets

promorphus August 28, 2013

So, I've installed the Git Integration Plugin for JIRA successfully, and I've got a couple of repositories added and (supposedly) successfully indexed. However, none of the commits are showing up in the actual JIRA tickets, and I'm not entirely sure why. We're committing properly with the ticket names in the commit messages (as well as the ticket names as the branches we're creating, which should be superfluous), but nothing's showing up. I'm excited for this plugin, but I could really use the support.

7 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Adam Wride
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 24, 2013

Hello Radai -

Adam from BigBrassBand (the vendor). Can you send send us a quick email to support@bigbrassband.com? We'd be happy to help you (likely just a simple authentication issue with your Git repository).

Thanks!

Adam

1 vote
Doodle Kana September 9, 2014

Can you tell us what configuration issue you had?

0 votes
Denis Chmel June 29, 2020

Hi guys,

We also stopped seeing commits and PRs in tickets since ~Dec, 2019. I have checked your guide and seeing that we fail step 1 - no "Git for jira cloud" is installed. But how could it work before Dec then? I see that we still have github integration set up in "Development tools" section.

Adam Wride
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 29, 2020

Hi Denis - 

Good to hear from you.

Among our features - our app - Git Integration for Jira Cloud - uploads commit, branch and pull request data to Jira Cloud in the same way that the GitHub app does. Our app has a different management interface and a number of other features that allow you to see your git data in Jira Cloud (without having to jump over to GitHub). We also index tags.

We can take a closer look together if you like - ping us at support@bigbrassband.com.

Cheers,

Adam

0 votes
Muhammed Riyas March 1, 2020

@Adam Wride I have the similar issue. Our team's git commits are not being displayed since last December. Can you please help?

Adam Wride
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 2, 2020

Hi @Muhammed Riyas -

Happy to help. 

If you are on Jira Cloud - we offer this troubleshooting guide: https://bigbrassband.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/GITCLOUD/pages/110755841/Why+don+t+I+see+commits+Git+Integration+for+Cloud

For Jira Server/Data Center - the steps are similar. 

Can you email us at support@bigbrassband.com and we'll be happy to help.

Cheers,

Adam

0 votes
promorphus December 11, 2013

This was solved, basically an easily figured configuration issue. Thanks!

Paul Mitchell February 22, 2020

Hi-

What was the config issue?

-Thanks

Adam Wride
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 22, 2020

Hi Paul - 

Adam from BigBrassBand - if you've got a question about configuring the Git Integration for Jira app - we can answer here or email us at support@bigbrassband.com

Cheers,

Adam

Jonathan Vezinat February 9, 2021

Big ups on including the config issue....................................................................

Like # people like this
0 votes
radai rosenblatt November 24, 2013

was this issue resolved? im experiencing the same thing: the repository appears in the list of repositories, indexing it is successful, its properly cloned under /data/git-plugin, no errors in the log and yet no git related tabs on any issues or projects

0 votes
Adam Wride August 28, 2013

Hello Paras -

Adam from BigBrassBand (the vendor). Can you send send us a quick email to support@bigbrassband.com? We'd be happy to help you (likely just a simple authentication issue with your Git repository).

Thanks!

Adam

promorphus August 28, 2013

No problem, thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events