Not able to view checklist items in the view that most users use

Todd Gibson September 5, 2016

Currently Checklist plugin does not support viewing checklist items on any board detail view.  This is like making the plugin invisible considering the way most users use JIRA Agile.  Other checklist plugins show items in the right detail view on a board.  When will Okapya support this?

4 answers

0 votes
Yves Riel [Okapya]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 15, 2018

@Todd Gibson7,

We will finally be releasing that feature (tired of waiting for a fix from Atlassian). We're looking for Beta testers, interested?

Yves

0 votes

And how does JIRA 7.2 with editable items in the detail view affect this?

Yves Riel [Okapya]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 6, 2016

Unfortunately, as long as Atlassian doesn't fix issue GHS-9626, it will stay the same sad 

0 votes

Hi Yves, yes I read the article but its very confusing.  It seems that it's suggesting to set the input for the default value to read from the initial checklist... "create a custom field of type "Checklist Read-Only Proxy" and set its Default Value to the checklist you want to display in the Agile Board."  I can't see how this is possible in the UI.  Can you write up some clear steps as to how to do this?  Thanks.

-Todd

Yves Riel [Okapya]
Marketplace Partner
September 6, 2016

Hi Todd,

Sorry, the explanations could be better smile I will try to improve on them. In the mean time, what it means is that when you install checklist, two customfield types are added to your JIRA installation. One is "Checklist", the other one is the "Checklist Read-Only Proxy". So, simply go to your admin page and add a new Custom Field. The "Checklist Read-Only Proxy" customfield type should be located in the "Advanced" tab. After you have created you customfield, go to its configuration page and click on "Default Value". There, you will have a dropdown menu will all the Checklist customfields that you have created. Simply select the one that you would like to display in the board's detail view.

The final step will be to add the newly created field to your board via the board's configuration page.

Let me know if you still have issues

Yves

Todd Gibson September 6, 2016

Ok that worked, thanks!  One last question: the default entry that JIRA requires.  Is there any way to delete it or otherwise make it not show up, without making the entire checklist view hidden?  It seems that JIRA requires an initial entry to make the checklist visible in issue detail view.  Also, once that initial default value is present, I can't delete it, so it's always visible as an orphaned item.  Thoughts?

Yves Riel [Okapya]
Marketplace Partner
September 7, 2016

Hi Todd,

Yet another issue that I wrote to Atlassian smile However, yes, it is possible. In the Checklist configuration page, select options and simply remove the unwanted checklist item.

Yves

Todd Gibson September 8, 2016

Thanks for the tip.  I've tried that before.  The problem is, when I do that, the checklist disappears from the issue detail view.  The only way you can access it is by clicking Edit on the issue.  This is very cumbersome.  As a user if I don't see the checklist with its empty-state CTA, then I don't know I can use it.  It's 'out of sight, out of mind'.  How can we have the checklist visible at all times, yet not have dumb default placeholder values that can't even be deleted in the issue view to clean things up?

Yves Riel [Okapya]
Marketplace Partner
September 8, 2016

This is JIRA's behavior for any type of customfield. If it has no data, it isn't displayed and is accessible from the edit menu or the keyboard shortcut (.) As soon as data has been added, it is then visible on the issue view. Sorry, for there are no workaround for this one. It is JIRA's default implementation.

Priya Narayan September 29, 2017

Hi Whyves,

I Recently installed the Checklist add-on Trial version.

Thanks for your explanation.....

'So, simply go to your admin page and add a new Custom Field. The "Checklist Read-Only Proxy" customfield type should be located in the "Advanced" tab. After you have created you customfield, go to its configuration page and click on "Default Value". There, you will have a dropdown menu will all the Checklist customfields that you have created. '

Unfortunately, I am not seeing the Checklist Read-Only Proxy in Advance tab. Any help appreciated.

0 votes
Yves Riel [Okapya]
Marketplace Partner
September 5, 2016

Hi Todd,

You can view the Checklist in the detail view. Please refer to this article to see how. it can be achieved.

However, there is a small issue that has been raised to Atlassian about 3 years ago. This resulted in being able to only edit Checklist in the edit dialog while being in the details view.

Regards,

Yves

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events