Not able to import Epic & Sub tasks using CSV importer plug-in

Jeffrey Lobo September 26, 2012

I am trying to load up a list of Epics and their sub tasks using the CSV importer plug-in.

The issues get loaded as individual EPICS and Technical tasks (sub tasks).

But the sub Technical tasks (sub tasks) do not appear under the Epics as sub tasks.

I have attached

- the data file

- the configuration file

We are using JIRA 4.2.4 (Copy of JIRA load for Jay - jl TEST.txt) (importer-configuration.txt)

5 answers

0 votes
Vishwajeet Singh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2012

I am afraid if there's an easy way to get this done, you could try using jelly script or may be remote api's if historical dates are not important to you.

0 votes

Thanks...we are using the JIM v1.7.5...for jira 4.2.4

Looks like version 2.5 of the importer is not compatible with jira 4.2.4

At this stage, I will have to look for another solution to load the data..any suggestions.

0 votes
Vishwajeet Singh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2012

If it's beta version than probably support to import subtask properly might not be there as it was added in version 2.5 of jira importers plugin, please check this issue https://studio.atlassian.com/browse/JIM-230

You would probably need to upgrade the plugin version.

0 votes

I am using the CSV Importer wizard...This is via the menu option in Admin..."External System Import - Beta"

0 votes
Vishwajeet Singh
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 26, 2012

Are you using Jira importers plugin or native csv importer ?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events