Not able to delete jira issues using Data Level Agreement

Gordon Andersen May 31, 2018

Hi,

We are testing Data Level Agreement and trying to set up a job that wil delete issues based on JQL.

We use  "Delete Ticket" but it seem not to delete the issues that are found by the JQL. Sending a Email woks fine.

By question is: is it no possible to delete JIRA issues but only tickets (guess its for JSD)?

Also, the documentation seems out of datye or not for JIRA as it states: Action" will be a one of possible options: Send Notification, Add comment to the Page, Delete Page, Restrict access to a page

Page?

date: https://wiki.actonic.de/display/DOCGDPRTOOLS/Data+Level+Agreement

7 answers

0 votes
Gregor Kasmann_Actonic
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2018

@Gordon Andersen

We've added a few checks to avoid potential bugs on some Jira configurations. You can find new version of the add-on here https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1218962/actonic-gdpr-tools-for-jira/version-history 

Please let us know in case of any found issue.

@gregorkerstein

It works!

A few input to the design.

1. When the job i run (manual) it UI reports each issue that is deleted (pup up). That could be a long list if there are many issues deleted/affected in the batch. Consider  link to a report.

Will go forward testing the add-on.

Looks like a good product :)   

ps. I get a HTML error when trying to tag your name using 

@Gregor Kasmann (Actonic Gmb

Capture.PNG

Gregor Kasmann_Actonic
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2018

1. When the job i run (manual) it UI reports each issue that is deleted (pup up). That could be a long list if there are many issues deleted/affected in the batch. Consider  link to a report.

Good suggestion, we will add it to the roadmap.

Gregor Kasmann_Actonic
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 4, 2018

@Gordon Andersen

We've extended result log to support result messages for 1000 tickets and more. Also we've added progress dialog to support long term tasks.

Please have a look at Actonic GDPR Tools for Jira v.1.0.3

0 votes

Here you go

gdpr4.PNG

@gregorkerstein Kasman

Is there any documentation of the permissions need to run a deletion job?

We have tried to add me (g.andersen) as the Project admin for the issues that we select using the JQL, hoping it was a matter of missing permissions. But, we still get the "Empty result" when running the job.

Gregor Kasmann_Actonic
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 4, 2018

@Gordon Andersen

All Data Rules tasks run on behalf of some service user which should be set on add-ons configuration page. It should be a user with full access to all tickets.

add-on-configuration.pngset-service-user.png

Gordon Andersen June 4, 2018

ok, perfrect.

A nice feature would be an auto lookup in the JIRA user directory when typing the username.

Gregor Kasmann_Actonic
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 4, 2018

Yes, you are right :) We will add it soon.

0 votes
Gregor Kasmann_Actonic
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 31, 2018

Hi @Gordon Andersen,

Could you please share a screenshot of the Data Rule execution history?

data-rules-history.pngdata-rules-history-2.png

0 votes

Tx - will do :)

0 votes
Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 31, 2018

@Gordon Andersen I propose you 

• Use correct correct cron expression (time) 
  • Make sure you  have  issues with  this labels, 
  • As you  are the one that set the Job,  make sure you  have delete ticket permission  in  project of these issues  using this labels.

Please try this again and  give fit back!

Hi @Moses Thomas

• Use correct correct cron expression (time) 
    • I have tested with manuel Run and cron job. If I use the Send mail function it works fine. So its only for the Delete ticket we have problems.
  • Make sure you  have  issues with  this labels, 
    • is ok.
  • As you  are the one that set the Job,  make sure you  have delete ticket permission  in  project of these issues  using this labels.
    • Im the JIRA admins so permissions are ok.

@Moses Thomas

Can you confirm that it is possible to delete issues using the plugin?

Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 31, 2018

@Gordon AndersenI  will  verify  whether   or not  delete works  for this plugin if  it would  not work  then you  will  have to  contact the vendor that  produces this Plugin here you have vendor contact https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1218962/actonic-gdpr-tools-for-jira?hosting=server&tab=support 

Best!

0 votes
Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 31, 2018

@Gordon Andersen On the image under actions  what  do  you  have ?

gdpr3.PNGWe have the following options.

I can be contacted on skype: gordon.andersen@edlund.dk

0 votes
Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 31, 2018

@Gordon Andersen Do you  have any  error message ?

gdpr2.PNGgdpr1.PNG

gdpr2.PNG

No, no errors.

It runs the job but says no result.

If I use the Send email I get an email so the filter works.

@Moses Thomas Are we supposed to report a bug?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events