Non-editable Gliffy dgms & relative linking?

Bruce Watson December 20, 2017
New user (v6.3). Is there any way to make a Gliffy image so that the reader/user can't edit it?

Also, is there a way to make links relative to the current page rather than using an absolute address? Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 3, 2018

Hi Bruce,

With my tests, it appears that the only way to do this would be to remove the user's Add Page permissions, but I've also contacted Gliffy in case they have any details on this.

In terms of relative linking vs absolute, are you referring to something specific in Gliffy or Confluence itself?

When you link to another page by selecting it in Insert Link feature, it will link in a way that if you were to change the name of the page or update your base URL, it would also correct the other links added int this way.

On the other hand, if you were to insert a link using Web Link, this would be a full link and not be updated.

Could you let me know if that answers your question or if there's something you're trying to accomplish specifically by using relative links?

Regards,

Shannon

Bruce Watson January 3, 2018

Hi, Shannon. Thanks for the reply. I didn't realize that if you move a collection of pages to a different location, Confluence automatically updates all links and references. That's handy. And I guess that allowing users to edit Gliffy graphics fits with this being (to some degree, at least) a wiki tool. Thanks again.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 4, 2018

Hi Bruce,

Indeed; it does as long as you allowed Confluence to create the link (by searching for the page) rather than inserting the absolute link yourself.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events