Non-admins ability to udpate checklist items

Steadfast Financial August 7, 2015

Hi,

We have a situation where we need to let non-project and non-JIRA administators to have the ability to update checklist items at the ISSUE level.

They can add them to individual tickets, however, when a new ticket is generated, the checklists are lost.

Please let me know if this is possible. Thanks!

Kevin

6 answers

0 votes
Steadfast Financial August 11, 2015

thanks very much.

0 votes
Yves Riel [Okapya]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 11, 2015

Hi Jeremy,

I am thinking about implementing such a functionality (but maybe differently). As for the time frame goes, I am currently developing the next version of Checklist with a completely revamped UX (no more markup language, Inline editing, drag & drop ordering, etc) so it will probably be a few weeks/months before I can tackle this type of feature.

However, I have seen a free add-on that, when coupled with checklist, might answer your needs. I haven't tried it yet but the add-on is the Customfield Editor Plugin.

Yves

0 votes
Steadfast Financial August 11, 2015

Thank you. This is unfortunate because this means we really cant use the plugin.

Do you think this is something you can build?  And if so, how long do you think it would take to build it?

Thanks

0 votes
Yves Riel [Okapya]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 7, 2015

OK, I get it now! It is currently impossible to do what you are looking for. If you want a new Checklist Item to appear on a new ticket, you need to add it from the customfield configuration page in the admin section. However, the new items would be added to all issues.

I guess that you don't want to give admin rights to users to create checklists. Unfortunately, this is how Atlassian implemented customfield configurations. Doing it differently would require creating new sets of tables and that would not be a pure customfield anymore. Many customers actually buy Checklist because it is a pure customfield and does not require adding or modifying database tables in their JIRA instance.

I will keep that in mind while I work on the next release of Checklist (v3.0).

0 votes
Steadfast Financial August 7, 2015

Hi Yves,

What i mean is that the user can add a checklist item to an existing issue by just by adding or modifying the checklist item on the EXISTING issue (shown here i added "test item" to an existing checklist):

Capture2.PNG

However, If I were to generate a NEW ticket with the same issue type "test item" will be lost. Is there a way for users to ADD checklist items from a ticket and have that same checklist item appear on future tickets as well?

0 votes
Yves Riel [Okapya]
Marketplace Partner
August 7, 2015

Hi Kevin,

I am sorry but I do not completely understand your requirement. You can control, in the customfield admin page via the "roles" attribute, who can edit the Checklist. However, I fail to understand what you mean when you say:

They can add them to individual tickets, however, when a new ticket is generated, the checklists are lost.

Regards,

Yves

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events