No goal has been specified

Eclipse Trading May 26, 2015

When I configure my Task and run, it says no goal has been specified, where do I specify the goal?

build	18-May-2015 11:35:48	[ERROR] No goals have been specified for this build. You must specify a valid lifecycle phase or a goal in the format <plugin-prefix>:<goal> or <plugin-group-id>:<plugin-artifact-id>[:<plugin-version>]:<goal>. Available lifecycle phases are: validate, initialize, generate-sources, process-sources, generate-resources, process-resources, compile, process-classes, generate-test-sources, process-test-sources, generate-test-resources, process-test-resources, test-compile, process-test-classes, test, prepare-package, package, pre-integration-test, integration-test, post-integration-test, verify, install, deploy, pre-site, site, post-site, site-deploy, pre-clean, clean, post-clean. -> [Help 1]

From the documentation, it says the following, however I don't see this tick box described in the Sonar Maven 3 task.

• 'Sonar Plugin Pre-Configured': Tick this checkbox if you Maven build is already configured with the correct sonar.maven-plugin. This will cause the Task to configure the sonar:sonar goal instead of the org.codehaus.mojo:sonar-maven-plugin:[VERSION]:sonar goal, where [VERSION] is 1.0 for Maven 2.x and 2.0 for Maven 3.x.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Eclipse Trading May 26, 2015

5-27-2015 4-49-26 PM.png

The documentation I was referring to is https://marvelution.atlassian.net/wiki/display/BAMSON/Sonar+Maven+Task (point 4).

Mibex_Software
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2015

I guess the problem is within your Maven 3.x task (the 2nd in the task list). Have you specified your Maven goals there?

Eclipse Trading May 27, 2015

I think I have misunderstood what the plug-in does. I thought it was used to replace the Maven Task, so I didn't define the goals there (and was wondering where I should define it). In fact, it should be a task that added to existing plan, so the Sonar badge comes up on the build result page, is that right?

Mibex_Software
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2015

The Sonar task doesn't replace your existing Maven tasks. You should still run your Maven tasks as before, but additionally add the Sonar for Bamboo Maven task which just triggers SonarQube to do the code analysis. Does that help?

0 votes
Mibex_Software
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 26, 2015

Hi,

Could you please specify which documentation you are referring to?

Concerning the error: This error is yielded by Maven when no goals are specified. In the case of Sonar for Bamboo's Maven 3 Task, it should use "sonar:sonar" as the goal. Could you please attach a screenshot of your Sonar for Bamboo Maven task configuration? This would greatly help to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Michael (author of the plug-in)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events