No commits visible after migration to forked Subversion plugin

Ralf Heitzler April 25, 2013

Hi

We used the classic Subversion Plugin (with jira 5.1.x) and yesterday I switched to Jira 5.2.10 and to your forked SVN plugin.

But now we cannot see any commit in the Subversion tab.
Do we have do do anything when migrating?
The configuration is still valid, the indexing job is running (every nine minutes), the old job is removed. And the issues I check did have commit value in the Subversion tab.

Thanks in advance

Ralf

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ralf Heitzler April 28, 2013

Hi Janet

Thanks for your help. This morning I managed it to get the commits visible again.

After many re-installations of the forked Subversion plugin, I installed the latest version (available since today) and with that I was able to see the indexed revisions in the admin backend: "Subversion Repositories" view (https://<myUrl>/ViewSubversionRepositories.jspa).
After
I saw that there are many revisions missing, I first logged in into the new H2 database (on the same view - using the username "h2admin" as password) - which was not active and may have been the root cause for my problem.

After that I changed the value of the index job (to trigger a re-index) - this worked also.

Then I received some NullPointer exceptions while indexing two of my repositories (NullPointer message was vidible in the "Subversion Repositories" view in backend). After changing the index job a second time to a delay of now 30 minutes, the index process restarted and the index grew.

Then after a certain amount of time the indexing process stopped again (but this tim without any exception). I suppose it stopped after about 30 minutes... So I guess that there may be a problem when a (huge initial) index will be created and during the indexing process a second process tries to update. I'm not sure, but when I first had the problem of the missing indexes, I configured the indexing delay to 1 minute which may have caused the index threads always to stop after indexing for a minute (IF my theory is correct).

To make it short: another change to nine minutes delay triggered the next re-index which was successfull.

And from now on all changes in SVN are indexed automatically.

Cheers

Ralf

0 votes
Janet Albion
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 28, 2013

Hi Ralf,

First, check if the plugin installed into the $JIRA_Install/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/lib directory .

Then, try restart and run the re-index.

Good luck.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events