New calculated text field caused problems for existing calculated number field

Andrew Martin July 26, 2017

I created a new Calucated Text Field - Prod Change Duration
I edited the description to add in the calculation script.
Then, when I went to see the field on the screen I added it to, it wasn't there.
So, when I went back into the Custom Fields list in Admin, it was not the right field.

An existing Calculated Number Field - QA Hours was showing in the Custom Fields list in JIRA Administration as Prod Change Duration. Every configuration setting about the field is correct for QA Hours, except the name shown when you go to the Custom Fields list is Prod Change Duration.
When you edit or configure the field, it is still named QA Hours - it is still a Calculated Number Field - the formula is still the original QA Hours formula - and the screens for the field are still the screens for QA Hours.

And when users view/update issues with QA hours, it appears as QA Hours.

Except in the JIRA Admin page, the custom field is shown as Prod Change Duration.

I've tried re-indexing and rebooting JIRA - still the same problem.

I need to know how to fix this.

Help?

1 answer

1 vote
David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2017

This is very likely caused by an incorrectly closed HTML comment in the description of your new calculated field - it breaks the custom fields page. 

The easiest is to look inside your JIRA logs for errors related to JMCF. You'll see an error followed by a link to the appropriate edit page, where you'll be able to fix the description. 

Andrew Martin July 26, 2017

Thank you!

that fixed it

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events