I created a new Calucated Text Field - Prod Change Duration
I edited the description to add in the calculation script.
Then, when I went to see the field on the screen I added it to, it wasn't there.
So, when I went back into the Custom Fields list in Admin, it was not the right field.
An existing Calculated Number Field - QA Hours was showing in the Custom Fields list in JIRA Administration as Prod Change Duration. Every configuration setting about the field is correct for QA Hours, except the name shown when you go to the Custom Fields list is Prod Change Duration.
When you edit or configure the field, it is still named QA Hours - it is still a Calculated Number Field - the formula is still the original QA Hours formula - and the screens for the field are still the screens for QA Hours.
And when users view/update issues with QA hours, it appears as QA Hours.
Except in the JIRA Admin page, the custom field is shown as Prod Change Duration.
I've tried re-indexing and rebooting JIRA - still the same problem.
I need to know how to fix this.
This is very likely caused by an incorrectly closed HTML comment in the description of your new calculated field - it breaks the custom fields page.
The easiest is to look inside your JIRA logs for errors related to JMCF. You'll see an error followed by a link to the appropriate edit page, where you'll be able to fix the description.
Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.Learn more
Trello is one of the most effective tools for driving your sprints. It's customizable for every Agile team and product owners and Scrum masters (SM) love it. However, Agile teams often struggle with:...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs