New Release causes JIRA Exception: Uncaught TypeError: t.widget.extend is not a function

Susanne Morse April 1, 2019

When I install and enable this add on (version 1.2.0) I am getting the following error when I try to view boards I had previously created:

• Jira Exception: Uncaught TypeError: t.widget.extend is not a function

Any idea what might be causing this? This is the first time I have installed the add on so I am not sure if there is some configuration I have to do.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Rafael Pinto Sperafico
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2019

Hi @Susanne Morse , @aleksyanin 

Recently, I came across an issue with InProduct translation for Jira, version 1.2.0, where I was unable to render the Project Settings >> Versions view. Even though it is not the same view in Jira as you have initially reported, the Javascript exception and the resolution in this Atlassian Community applies.

If you also agree, I would encourage you on commenting, voting and becoming a watcher to https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/TRANS-2623 - InProduct Translation v1.2.0 causes t.widget.extend is not a function so you can receive updates related to the bug raised.

Kind regards,
Rafael

2 votes
aleksyanin April 9, 2019

Hi Susanne, 

I have updated the version of Jira (7.13.2->8.0.2) and InProduct translation for Jira (1.1.0->1.2.0) and got the same error.

I found a little lifehack: try disable one of 27 module of this plugin - JAVASCRIPT (javascript):

modules.png

Luca Cristian Stefan April 18, 2019

It works, thanks!

Susanne Morse April 18, 2019

Thanks! That works to fix the error, but when I disable it the translation dialog is never launched. I was able to do the translations with it enabled and then disable it for use. The only thing that you can't do then is translate anything on the boards.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events